Friday, June 18, 2010

Envelopes...who knew they could be so versatile!





Ok, so I have a wonderful group of ladies that come to stamp on Tuesday mornings from 9:30 am to 4:30 pm; henceforth, the name "Tuesday Morning Stampers". Anyways, I give them a focus to work on and they (and I!) have a week to come up with an idea to share with the group. This weeks focus was envelopes. Here is what we came up with. Jan created 2 types of pouches using the regular size mailing envelopes and a standard size A2 card envelope. Cute, cute, cute! These are great to insert a pouch of instant hot chocolate, wrap with a cute bow and voila!...an "instant" gift! Kathy created a cute pouch (this qualifies as a pouch!) made from a 12 X 12 scrapbook sheet! How stinkin' cute is that? And, I actually used this idea for Lilybug's treat bag for her birthday! One less thing for her mama to worry about, right? They were a hit! They were filled with crayons and candies, of course! Then I did 2 treat bags made from a letter size envelope and cut in half! This is great for little office treats to give away or for when you just need a small gift bag for a small item that would otherwise get lost in a huge gift bag! I also showed the ladies how to make an envelope with tissue paper and freezer paper! However, you do need to think about the placement of your template FIRST- as you can see, the thought came to me afterwards- then you cut out the template from the tissue! Works much better that way! This envelope is mailable as long as you have a white mailing label for the return address and mailing address! Fabulous, no? Better than plain ol' white, I think! Anyways, I hope you like them as much as we had fun making them! By the way, this was from May 18ths meeting! xoxo!

No comments:

Post a Comment